Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My "Thing"

It's always great to have an activity that allows us to escape the moment. My favorite is mediating. Right before I take off for school and the highway, I mediate. I find that it removes any frustration that I come across during the day. Many times I have to "replenish", so I find some space or maybe a few moments at the desk to mediate again.

If you don't know what your "thing" might be, I suggest trying out different self-nurturing activities, such as yoga, hiking, biking, journaling, mediation, cooking, volunteering, knitting, blogging, or taking warm baths.

It's important to do something for you. When you rejuvenate yourself, you are at your best.  You become more productive and more creative. Things we all want more of.

Try to turn you "thing" into a habit, weave into your lifestyle and make it stick, but don't allow it to become a mundane task. This is a something special you do for yourself. Keep it as such.

Love,

Marie

There is a direct connection between self-nurturing and self-respect.----Julia Cameron 

No comments:

Post a Comment