Saturday, August 7, 2010

The journey of a thousand miles...

Begins with a single step---Lao-Tzu

The first step. How many can say they have readily taken it. The first step is the most difficult, many times we are brave enough to take it, but somehow after a few steps we are right back to the beginning. How is that possible?

Well, many times we do not think and prepare past the first step. As the old saying goes, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

We are all a work in progress, each day we grow a little more and sometimes, we unfortunately revert. I'm not the same person I was  two years ago.

My change is not complete and it shall never be complete, for I am constantly growing and learning.

We all are!!!  With that knowledge we can grow into the person we want to be. Our ideal.
The time is now to do so, for there is no better time than the present.

Pull out you journal, notebook, or simply a few sheets of paper and delve into the following questions:

1. What are the characteristics of the ideal me?
2. What characteristics do I exhibit now of the ideal me?
3. How can I become the ideal me?
4. Where am I spending my time and energy now?
5. How do I want to spend my time and energy?
6. What can I do to spend my time and energy on the things I really want  to do?
7. What is the first step, the second step, and the third step I need to take?


Wishing you the best on your thousand mile journey,

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment